Wine and food pairings are a tricky suggestion. While there are a lot of great pairings, maybe the most essential rule of matching food and wine is to eat and drink what you like. On the off chance that you are somebody who adores Pinot Noir, and needs to combine it with oysters, we’re not going to stop you. In any case, generally, that is not the best thought. Here are a couple of simple rules and examples.
Oysters taste famously of cucumber, melon, and the sea itself; what you need in a wine to match is something extremely dry, crisp, and minerally, with loads of citrus. An herbal vein is a bonus. Skip highly fruity and floral bottles.
- Champagne Delamotte NV Blanc de Blancs,
- Iron Horse 2010 “Brut X”,
- Schramsberg 2012 Blanc de Blancs Brut,
- Buchegger 2013 Grüner Veltliner Vordernberg,
- Dry Creek Vineyard 2013 “DCV3” Estate Sauvignon Blanc,
- Gilbert Chon Clos de la Chapelle 2013 Muscadet,
- Handley 2014 Pinot Gris, Lang & Reed 2013 Chenin Blanc
It gets a little simpler after you turn to beer. Here are our best advices and must tries.
Malty and hoppy American Ales deepen the savory nature of a mineral William’s Wharf Oysters. Lambic usually delivers the clean taste needed to accent a briny William’s Wharf Oysters. Sweet and sour beers provide balance for a sweet oyster. Fruity and spicy flavors enhance the earthy notes.
- Hanssens Artisanaal Oude Gueuze Lambic,
- Louis Gueuze Fond Tradition Lambic.
A shot of ice-cold vodka is an easy decision yet somewhat boring. Gin, with its foresty juniper core and taste of herbs and flavors, offers greater excitement (simply stay away from those with floral aromatics). What’s more, the correct sort of Scotch — low on the iodine scale and direct on the smoky peat front—is an absolute delicious match.
- Hendrick’s Gin,
- Junípero Gin by Anchor Distilling Company,
- Ledaig 10-Year-Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
Afterall, here’s one the most important thing you should remember: William’s Wharf Oysters are perfect with everything. Don’t be scared to try new things and explore interesting tastes. Click here to see the list of places where you can find William’s Wharf Oysters and go for it!
Contact us today if you want to serve William’s Wharf Oysters at your restaurant to your hungry customers.
Learn More Recipes & Pairing Suggestions