How did we get from making fried oyster Po’ Boys to putting black caviar on oysters? Good question! Our team always looks for different ways to bring new tastes to your table, and oysters with caviar just happen to be one of them. Yes, this can be quite expensive, but don’t you want to try as much things as possible in your life? We definitely do, which is why we brought you this delicious recipe. This recipe is the courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis from Foodnetwork.com, so if you want to see the video instructions, visit to the link at the end of the page!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot (1 small shallot)
- 1/2 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chilled prosecco
- Pinch salt
- 12 oysters on the half shell
- 2 ounces hackleback, paddlefish or tobiko caviar
- Combine the lemon juice, shallots and peppercorns in a small bowl. Let sit in the fridge for about 1 hour to let the flavors marry.
- Just before serving, add the prosecco to the sauce and season with a pinch of salt. Spoon the desired amount of the mignonette sauce over the oysters and top each with a dollop of caviar. Serve immediately.
Are oysters fancy enough for this recipe? Not traditionally, but we think these tasty bivalves deserve the royal treatment featured in the article above! You will love every single piece of this dish. Watch the video instructions if you need a closer look at the recipe. Meanwhile, you can order oysters from our online store and start looking for that caviar, sound good?
Know another oyster recipe with caviar? Well, we’d be happy to see it! Send it to us and we’ll share it on our social media!
Learn More Recipes & Pairing Suggestions