We always say that the best oyster is an oyster eaten raw on the half shell. However, some day you may want to explore other ways to eat oysters. There are so many oyster recipes in the world, you can always find something interesting. To jump start your oyster cooking experience, try this recipe we prepared for you and get ready to enjoy oysters in a way you never have before!
Let’s get started! This recipe will surprise you with its exquisite taste achieved by an interesting combination of ingredients.
Champagne Oysters Rockefeller
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarse breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 24 fresh oysters on half shell
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 cups kosher salt
- Lemon wedges and/or parsley for garnish
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium.
- Combine champagne, onions, spinach, parsley, and 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Melt butter over the medium heat in a skillet. Add champagne-breadcrumb mixture and cook 1-2 minutes. Stir until spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of champagne-breadcrumb mixture to each oyster placed in the shell on a baking sheet. Add remaining breadcrumbs and parmesan on top of oysters.
- Put baking sheet on the grill. Grill it for 4-6 minutes, with the lid closed, or until cheese is starting to brown.
- Cover the bottom of a shallow serving platter with a layer of kosher salt.
- Remove oysters from baking sheet and place them on the salted serving platter.
- Garnish them with lemon wedges or parsley.
We know a lot of great oyster recipes, but we always want to learn more! We would really like to hear some recipes from you! There are so many ways people cook oysters, it’s always interesting to find new ways they can be enjoyed. Submit recipes on our contact page or send them to us on Facebook. We will share our favorite ones on our website and social media!
To get started on this fantastic recipe… you’ll need to get the most important ingredient – oysters! And there are no oysters better than William’s Wharf Oysters. And you can now order many of our oyster varieties ONLINE!
Learn More Recipes & Pairing Suggestions